A Perl script which accepts a chess position (in the FEN format) as input and outputs POV-Ray source, which, when rendered by POV-Ray, produces a 3-D view of the chess position.
You need to ensure a few things are present on your machine:
- The Perl interpreter
- Necessary Perl libraries (available from CPAN)
- A working POV-Ray setup
- The POV-Ray engine
- POV-Ray colour and texture libraries
You'll need to extract the archive. You'll find the following:
- A README file
- Copies of the licenses (GPL version 2, Creative Commons
- The genpov.pl perl script
- Some inc files
The genpov.pl script expects the FEN string as standard input.
You'll need an FEN representation of a chess position as input.
You can supply it by:
- Using a file display program (cat in UNIX) to output the FEN
file and pipe this to the script.
- Running the script and entering the FEN string at the